Amazing Dry Brined Roast Turkey
Dry brining a turkey produces the juiciest, most flavorful roast turkey ever. It’s also the easiest technique I’ve ever used!
I’ve made roast turkey at least 15 times in my life. I know that might not qualify me as a turkey roasting expert, but I am definitely an expert in turkey experimentation.
I used to try different recipes and techniques every Thanksgiving, always searching for the “holy grail” recipe that would have everyone oohing and aahing over my turkey roasting prowess.
I’ve basted. I’ve injected. I’ve stuffed. I’ve rubbed. I’ve marinated. I’ve massaged. I’ve brined.
Course: Main Course
Keyword: Best Roast Turkey, Roast Turkey Technique, Turkey Brine
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 3 Hours
Total Time: 3 Hours 15 Minutes
Calories: 227 Kcal
Dry-brining is such simple technique, and it results in a moist, flavor-packed roast turkey.
• 1 12 lb turkey
• 3 tbsp kosher salt
• 1 tbsp diced rosemary or other herb optional
• melted butter optional
1. Remove giblets, and rinse & pat dry your turkey.
2. Measure out approximately 1 tbsp kosher salt per 4 lbs of turkey and place in a small bowl.
3. If using herbs, stir 1 1/2 tsp diced herbs into the salt.
4. Sprinkle a little salt into the cavity of the turkey. Distribute the remaining salt over all surfaces of the turkey, concentrating a little more on the meatiest areas.
Full Recipe:Click Here