Banana Chocolate Oat Cookies
|Banana Chocolate Oat Cookies|
Servings: Approximately 15 Cookies
- 2 small tbsp of unsweetened cacao
- 2 very ripe large bananas
- Optional mix-ins of your choice (chocolate chips, cacao nibs, chopped nuts, raisins, coconut flakes, flax seed, vanilla, diced raspberries, dried cranberries, etc.)
- 1 cup of quick oats (look for gluten-free oats if you have an allergy– some oats are contaminated with small traces of wheat)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with non-stick foil or parchment paper.
- Mash 2 ripe bananas in a bowl, and then mix in up to 2 tbsp of unsweetened cacao powder and 1 cup of quick oats until a cookiedough-like batter is formed (the amount of oats you need depends on the size of your bananas, so start with 3/4 of a cup and add more as needed). The mixture will seem dry at first, but after a few minutes of mixing with a spoon it will turn into a nice consistency.
- Fold in any mix-ins you plan on adding to the batter (I added a large handful of chocolate chips).
- Place about 15 clumps of your cookie dough mixture evenly on your baking sheet. Flatten and mold them with your hands to form “cookie” shapes (these cookies will not flatten or change shape with baking).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.