Beef Taco Salad Recipe
The beef taco salad may be a flavorful, easy-to-make family meal that’s bound to repeat itself all summer! It’s filled with all of your favorite taco snacks.
Now that it’s warm, I’m all about the salad for dinner. i really like salads that you simply can eat as a meal. This salad is delicious and filling – it’s full of vegetables, protein, and healthy fats. It also features a delightful crunch from Doritos. I even have to mention that not eating the leftover bag of chips once I make this salad is that the hardest a part of this recipe.
The best part about this salad? Sauce. In fact, it’s very easy and somewhat magical. All it takes is 2 ingredients – salsa and soured cream. Use your favorite salsa and you’re bound to love it. you’ll use low-fat soured cream if desired. If you would like to thin the sauce, add fresh juice.
Prep Time:15 Mins
Cook Time:15 Mins
Total Time:30 Mins
- 1 tablespoon flavorer
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound lean hamburger
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 3/4 cup soured cream
- 1/2 cup black beans (drained)
- 1/2 avocado (sliced / chopped)
- 6 cups romaine lettuce (chopped)
- 3/4 cup small tomatoes (grapes or cherries, halved)
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander (chopped – optional)
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 small purple onion (chopped)
- 1 cup cheese (for example, cheddar or Tex-Mex mix)
- 1/2 cup canned corn (drained)
- 1 cup Doritos (crushed)
- Add oil, hamburger, and seasonings to skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the meat until browned and cooked, stirring occasionally (about 8-10 minutes). There should not be tons (if any) of fat to waste if you’re using lean hamburger. Remove excess fat if necessary.
- While the meat is cooking, start preparing the remainder of your salad, and make a dip by mixing the soured cream and salsa.
- Add the salad ingredients to an outsized bowl. After the meat is cooked, let it cool for a couple of minutes. Add beef and Doritos to the last salad (so that the Doritos doesn’t get soggy). Stir the salad with the dressing, season with salt & pepper as required, and serve immediately.