Best Vegan Chocolate Cake
The Best Vegan Chocolate Cake- A quick and easy recipe, made in 1 bowl! This really is the best chocolate cake ever, vegan or otherwise. It’s super moist, rich and full of chocolate.
For some reason, every time I get a vegan piece of cake out (such as at Whole Foods or elsewhere), I am disappointed. The frosting is usually yummy, but the cake part is either 1. strange tasting OR 2. super dry, not moist at all. Seriously disappointing.
I’ve also made a few of the vegan chocolate cake recipes out there, but even those weren’t quite moist enough or perfect enough for my taste. So I did a little thinking and experimenting and I finally came up with the best, most perfectly moist and delicious vegan chocolate cake recipe!
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
Total Time: 55 mins
Servings: 16 servings
Calories: 538 kcal
Author: Nora Taylor
• 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
• 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
• 2 cups all purpose flour
• 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
• 3/4 cup cocoa powder
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup canola oil OR melted coconut oil
• 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
• 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
• 1 cup boiling water
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
• 1 cup cocoa powder
• 1 1/2 cups earth balance vegan butter, softened baking sticks preferred
• 4-5 cups powdered sugar
• 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
• 1/4-1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
For the Chocolate Cake
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease two 9-inch cake pans. I also line them with parchment rounds and lightly flour for easy removal of the cakes later.
2. Measure 1 cup unsweetened almond milk and add the tablespoon of vinegar to it. Stir slightly and set aside to curdle.
3. In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk well to combine.
Full Recipe:Click Here