Black Bean and Herb Recipe
Black Bean and herb may be a fresh, crunchy, tangy and nutritious twist to a standard herb recipe. Beans, tomatoes, corn and peppers served with a tangy vinaigrette and a touch of cumin and flavorer. It’s a perfect summer side with grilled BBQ chicken and keeps well within the fridge to form an excellent lunch all week long.
When the produce is fresh, I tend to settle on salads for many of our meals. Salads can have lettuce but many are just a mixture of fresh vegetables (like the Cucumber Tomato Salad).
This simple salad starts with grilled corn (or even leftover boiled corn on the cob) cut straight from the cobs. This turtle bean and herb gets a Mexican flavor by seasoning a tangy dressing with ground cumin and chilies.
Prep Time:20 Mins
Total Time:20 Mins
- 1/2 cup Cotija cheese or feta, optional
- Get dressed
- 3 cups corn kernels (about 4 corn cobs)
- 1 cup black beans drained & rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup diced orange pepper
- 1/3 cup diced shallots
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 lime
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon flavorer
- Combine the corn, beans, tomatoes, peppers, and onions during a medium bowl.
- Add the sauce ingredients and stir to mix . Season with salt & pepper. Soak for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with additional feta and cilantro if desired.