Black Forest Waffle Cake
Cake in a waffle iron. That’s right– stop what you’re doing. This is BIG. This Black Forest Waffle Cake is one of the best things that’s ever happened to dessert at my house. NO JOKE! With only 4 simple ingredients, you can create a decadent, incredibly delicious waffle cake that looks like breakfast, but tastes like dessert! Making cake in a waffle iron is genius because 1) it’s way faster than baking it and 2) it creates a moist interior and a crispy exterior that’s downright addicting. Thanks Kids Baking Championship for the delicious inspiration!
This decadent Chocolate Cherry Waffle Cake is perfect for breakfast or dessert! It’s filled with rich chocolate, luscious whipped cream, and juicy cherries for an amazing treat. Ready in just 20 mins! See recipe notes below for gluten free option.
Cuisine: gluten free option, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Vegetarian
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Calories: 319 kcal
• 1 bowl chocolate cake batter made according to package directions from a standard (17 oz) store-bought package of cake mix
• 1 (7 oz) can light, real dairy whipped cream
• 1 (21 oz) jar sour cherries see recipe note below
• Chocolate sauce for drizzling
1. Make 6 waffles using the chocolate cake batter, according to your waffle maker’s instructions. I do about a ⅓ cup of batter for 3-4 minutes. If you have a waffle maker that makes larger waffles, adjust the amount of batter and cooking time, as necessary.
2. Allow the waffles to cool completely for about 5-10 miutes. It’s super important that you let the waffles cool, so that the whipped cream won’t melt when you stack your cake. You can also stick the waffles in the refrigerator in you’re short on time.
Full Recipe:Click Here