Brown Butter Heart Cookies
These Brown Butter Heart Cookies are a gourmet twist on sugar cookies! They have a deep, rich, caramelized taste, and are decorated with beautifully painted fondant designs that are also SUPER easy to make!
Brown Butter Sugar Cookies
At first glance, these simple hearts may look like standard sugar cookies, but they’re actually much more exciting. These roll-out cookies are made with brown sugar and brown butter, which gives them a caramelized, nutty, ever so slightly savory flavor.
These Brown Butter Heart Cookies are a gourmet twist on sugar cookies! They have a deep, rich, caramelized taste, and are decorated with beautifully painted fondant designs.
Prep Time: 30 Mins
Cook Time: 12 Mins
Total Time: 42 Mins
For The Cookies:
• 6 oz unsalted butter (3/4 cup)
• 9.5 oz all-purpose flour (2 cups + 2 tbsp)
• 2 tbsp corn starch
• 3/4 tsp salt
• 3.75 oz brown sugar (1/2 cup)
• 3.5 oz granulated sugar (1/2 cup)
• 1 large egg
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
For The Marshmallow Fondant:
• 6 oz miniature marshmallows (about 3 cups)
• 12 oz powdered sugar (3 cups)
• 4 tsp water
To Make The Cookies:
1. Place the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Allow it to melt and come to a gentle boil. Continue to cook it, stirring occasionally and scraping the bottom of the pan, as it grows darker in color. After about 8-10 minutes it should be golden brown and fragrant, with brown bits on the bottom. Remove the pan from the heat and pour the butter into a large mixing bowl. Let it cool to room temperature.
2. While you wait for the butter to cool, mix together the flour, corn starch, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Once the butter is cool, add the sugars to the mixing bowl and mix everything together on medium speed until fluffy and well-mixed. Add the egg and vanilla, and mix again. Finally, stop the mixer and add the dry ingredients. Mix together on low just until the drys are nearly incorporated and just a few streaks of flour remain. Finish mixing everything with a spatula, scraping the bottom and sides of the bowl.
Full Recipe:Click Here