Brown Sugar Shortbread
Tender, crisp brown sugar shortbread. The brown sugar gives them a caramelize flavor! These cookies are only 3 ingredients and heavenly with a cup of afternoon coffee.
These cookies are crisp and buttery with notes of caramel from the brown sugar. With only 3 ingredients and the slice-and-bake method, these cookies are easy peasy.
Plus, they’re a cinch to make ahead of time to have a cookie dough log on hand in the refrigerator or freezer for fresh baked cookies on the fly. I can’t tell you how good they are with a cup of espresso.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
Crisp shortbread cookies made with brown sugar instead of white gives them a wonderful caramel note.
• 1 cup salted butter, softened
• 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
• 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
• Turbinado sugar or colored sugar for rolling
• In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar, about 3 minutes. Gradually stir in flour and mix well. On a lightly floured surface, knead until smooth and comes together, about 3 minutes.
• Divide dough in half and roll each half into a log about 1 3/4-inches in diameter. Roll edge of log in sugar. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 15 minutes.
Full Recipe:Click Here