Introducing Bun Cha, the famous caramelised pork meatballs from the streets of Hanoi. Traditional Vietnamese food – made at home!
This is an easy Vietnamese recipe that anyone can make that’s fresh and full of flavour. Load it up with your vegetables of choice!
Bun Cha – traditional Vietnamese street food!
Any self respecting foodie visiting a new country will be armed with a list of “Must Try Foods!!“. And for visitors of Vietnam, Bun Cha should be right up there, alongside Pho, fresh rice paper rolls, and Banh Mi, to name a few favourites.
Recipe video above. Everything you know and love about Vietnamese food – fresh, healthy and full of flavour! Bun Cha in Vietnam is served slightly differently (read in post), but here I’ve made noodle bowls which are more familiar to those outside of Vietnam. See Notes for what this tastes like!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Keyword: Bun Cha, Vietnamese Food, Vietnamese Meatballs
• 250 – 300 g/8 – 10 oz pork mince (ground pork)(Note 1)
• 1 tbsp fish sauce (Note 2)
• 2 tsp white sugar
• 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions / scallions
• 1 clove garlic , minced
• Pinch of white pepper and salt
• 2 tsp lemongrass paste or fresh finely chopped , optional (Note 4)
• 1.5 tbsp oil , for cooking
Nuoc Cham (Vietnamese Dressing / Sauce – Note 2):
• 3 tbsp white sugar
• 3 tbsp fish sauce (Note 2)
• 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
• 2 tbsp lime juice
• 1/3 cup (85 ml) water
• 1 birds eye chilli , seeded and finely chopped (Note 3)
• 3 cloves garlic , finely chopped
Serving (Note 4):
• 100 g / 3.5 oz vermicelli noodles , dried
• Big handful beansprouts
• Few lettuce leaves , folded or shredded
• Julienned carrot and white radish (daikon), optional quick pickle (Note 5)
• Handful of coriander/cilantro sprigs , mint
• Sliced red chilli , lime wedges (optional)
1. Sauce: Mix ingredients. Set aside 10 minutes+.
2. Noodles: Pour over boiling water and soak per packet directions. Drain, set aside.
Full Recipe:Click Here