Butternut Squash and Spinach Lasagna
|Butternut Squash And Spinach Lasagna|
Looking for the best vegetarian lasagna recipe? You are in the right place. Butternut Squash and Spinach Lasagna will become one of your favorites! This Lasagna is filled with vegetables and combines Ricotta, Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese to create a comfort food for fall and winter.
This delicious vegetable lasagna recipe is healthy, meatless, gluten-friendly, and perfect for fall and winter. Because it uses butternut squash, this is the right choice as a main course for a vegetarian holiday or just a holiday recipe. Very good, very popular with children
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
Total Time: 1 hr 10 mins
Delicious vegetarian lasagna recipes using vegetables (butternut squash, spinach), and three cheeses (Ricotta, Mozzarella, and Parmesan)! Perfect as a vegetable main course for every day. A healthier version of lasagna. Also, great holiday recipes for Thanksgiving or Christmas!
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 8 oz spinach
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Butternut Squash Filling:
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups butternut squash puree
- 1/4 teaspoon salt plus 1/8 teaspoon more
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup milk or more, if needed
- 1/4 teaspoon Basil
- 10 oz lasagna noodles cooked (for gluten free, use Tinkyada brown rice lasagna noodles)
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese or more
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese on top
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Combine spinach, Ricotta cheese, mozzarella, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix, taste, and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
Cooking Lasagna Noodles
- Bring a very large pot of water to boil, and cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions. Rinse in cold water, drain. Using knife, trim noodles to fit your baking dish (if necessary).
Butternut Squash Filling
- For this filling, you will need to have pre-cooked butternut squash puree. Using food processor, combine 2 cups of butternut squash puree with Ricotta cheese, milk, salt and nutmeg. Add more milk if needed (to make the butternut squash filling very creamy). Mix very well, taste and add more salt, if needed.
How to Assemble Vegetarian Lasagna
- Prepare a baking dish – I used a casserole dish 11 inches x 8.5 inches x 3 inches deep. Grease the lasagna dish lightly with olive oil spray. Spread 1/3 of butternut squash filling on the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle lightly with mozzarella cheese. Top with cooked lasagna noodles without overlapping (I used 3 noodles).
- Spread half of spinach filling over the noodles. Top lightly with Mozzarella cheese. Top with cooked noodles.
- Spread another layer (1/3) of butternut squash mixture, then sprinkle lightly with Mozzarella cheese. Top with cooked noodles.
- Spread the remaining half of spinach filling over the noodles. Top lightly with Mozzarella cheese. Top with the final layer of cooked noodles.
- Spread a generous amount of butternut squash filling (the remaining 1/3) over this final layer of noodles, sprinkle with grated Parmesan and remaining mozzarella cheese (about 1/2 cup of mozzarella). Generously sprinkle the cheese with Italian seasoning, paprika, basil.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 30 min. Remove foil and bake additional 10 minutes.