Canestrelli Delicious Italian Cookies
Canestrelli are a wonderfully delicious italian cookie, an almost shortbread type cookie but with a crunch, fast and easy. The perfect afternoon tea cookie.
I have returned to Italy and of course I am missing all my family and friends, especially my eldest Daughter that unfortunately I didn’t see nearly enough.
She is off on adventures of her own and is now living in Vancouver (this was 2 years ago and now she is back in Toronto!) for the time being. So we only had a few days together.
Prep Time: 20 Mins
Cook Time: 15 Mins
Chilling Time: 2 Hrs
Total Time: 35 Mins
Keyword: Crunchy And Buttery Cookie, Fast And Easy Italian Cookie Recipe
Servings: 60 Cookies
Author: Rosemary / An Italian In My Kitchen
• 1 cup flour 150 grams
• 1/2 cup + 1 1/2 tablespoons powdered sugar 75 grams
• pinch salt
• 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons corn starch 100 grams
• 2/3 cup cold butter cut into pieces 150 grams
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla 2.10 grams
• 3 hard boiled egg yolks (just the yolks)
• zest 1/2 lemon
1. Place eggs in a pot and cover with cold water, heat until boiling, then remove from heat and let sit 8-10 minutes. Place under cold water. Remove shell when cooled and mash well with a fork.
2. In a food processor whisk together flour, sugar, salt, corn starch and zest, then add cold butter and vanilla, pulse a few times to mix, add egg yolks and pulse until almost combined, move to a lightly floured flat surface and knead gently until combined. Wrap in plastic wrap or parchment paper and refrigerate for at least an hour or two or even overnight.
Full Recipe:Click Here