Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
|Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry|
The recipe for stir-fried chicken and broccoli is a classic chicken dish sauteed with fresh broccoli florets and coated in a savory sauce. You can enjoy a healthy and easy dinner on the table in 30 minutes!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth or water
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms if you don’t like mushrooms you can add more broccoli instead
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the broccoli and mushrooms and cook for approximately 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the ginger and garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan; place them on a plate and cover.
- Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel and turn the heat to high. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and add them to the pan in a single layer – you may need to do this step in batches. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Add the vegetables back to the pan and cook for 2 more minutes or until the vegetables are warmed through.
- In a bowl whisk together the oyster sauce, chicken broth, sugar, sesame oil and soy sauce. In a small bowl mix the cornstarch with a tablespoon of cold water.
- Pour the oyster sauce mixture over the chicken and vegetables; cook for 30 seconds. Add the cornstarch and bring to a boil; cook for 1 more minute or until sauce has just started to thicken.
- Serve immediately, with rice if desired.