Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
|Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry|
You’re a skillet away from this delicious Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry! In this quick and easy Southeast Asian-inspired recipe, all the magic occurs in a single pot and yields a highly nutritious dish bursting with flavor. Crisp, tender chicken accompanied by juicy broccoli is bathed in a mouthwatering sauce.
Yields: 4 servings
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 (1-inch) ginger root, peeled and finely chopped
• 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
• 3 tablespoons light soy sauce, optional Tamari
• 1 tablespoon cornstarch or flour
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 2 tablespoons sesame oil
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 1.25 pounds chicken breast filets, cubed
• 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
• 2 teaspoons lemon
• 2 cups broccoli florets
- Whisk together soy sauce, honey, lemon juice, sesame oil, and cornstarch. Set mixture aside.
- Over medium-low heat in a large skillet or wok, toast sesame seeds for 2 minutes, or until fragrant. Place toasted seeds in a bowl and set aside.
- Add olive oil to the same skillet, turn to medium heat and cook chicken until lightly golden. Add onions, ginger, broccoli, and pepper. sauté for 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, add soy sauce mixture and toss to combine. Cook until sauce is desired thickness, but no more than 5 minutes. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve. Enjoy!
- Enjoy Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry with brown rice or quinoa.