Chicken Enchiladas with Creamy Green Chile Sauce
|Chicken Enchiladas with Creamy Green Chile Sauce|
This traditional Mexican dish with recipes for delicious chicken enchiladas! Although many enchilada recipes require cream-based sauces and fattening meats, these recipes maintain a nutritious profile that can make you feel good when eating.
Chewy and chewy tortillas filled with chicken and cheddar cheese, then seasoned with savory seasonings. After that, they were doused with rich sauce and zesty which highlighted green chili. Greek yogurt is used for sour cream, cutting large amounts of calories while linking you to a healthy dose of protein and giving a gentle consistency to the mixture.
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 2 cups of chicken stock (taken from grilled chicken)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons of pure butter
- 1 cup of full-fat Greek yogurt (optional, sour cream)
- 1 (4 ounces) can cut green chili
- 2 chicken breasts in the bone
- 2 cups of water
- 12 (8 inches) whole wheat tortillas
- 1 3/4 cup of grated cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon halal or sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a closed casserole pan, add chicken and water. Bake in the oven for 1 hour, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165. Save the broth for enchiladas.
- Chill the chicken slightly, remove the skin, remove the chicken from the bone, and tear it with a fork. Mix shredded chicken, 3/4 cup cheese, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken mixture to the tortilla, roll it tight, and place it in a 9 x 13 inch casserole pan, straightening.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add flour and stir until smooth. Slowly pour in the broth, lift to medium heat, and stir until thickened until thick. Turn off the heat and add the yogurt and green chili. Pour the mixture over the tortillas and add the remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Cover with tinfoil and bake 20 minutes. Discard the foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the casserole is heated.
- Garnish if desired with these toppings: chopped coriander, sour cream, diced tomatoes, green onions, or olives.