Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles Recipe
This non-baked, eggless Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffle is one of our most requested homemade snacks for special occasions.
Looking for a delicious home-cooked treat this holiday season? This Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffle is very popular among anyone who tries it because it tastes like a bite of real cookie dough. Best of all, they’re non-baked, egg-free and completely safe to eat.
These cookie dough truffles need to be refrigerated and will last about a week after dipping. (But they never lasted more than a few days at my house). Our Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is edible, without baking. Truffles taste like a bite of cookie dough straight out of a bowl. The perfect dessert for the holidays or a delicious homemade treat!
Prep Time: 30 Mins
Add Time: 1 Hour
Total Time: 1 Hour 30 Mins
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed pink sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 4 ounces of bitter chocolate, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
To Make Dough Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spread flour evenly on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Let it cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Mix milk and vanilla. Add flour and salt and stir over low heat until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. Cover with plastic wrap and chill the dough in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes until it is strong enough to roll into 1-inch balls.
- Place the rolled balls on a baking sheet lined with wax paper and place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes so they can harden.
To Mix The Truffle
- Place half of the chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl and melt for 60 seconds at 50% power. Move. Repeat at 30 second intervals or until the chocolate is completely melted. Let it cool slightly if it is very hot.
- Remove a handful of balls from the freezer at once and dip them in the chocolate. Knock down any excess layers and place them back on the wax paper to harden. (Add the mini chips while the layer is still wet if desired.) Repeat with the remaining chocolate and dough balls, melting half of the chocolate and other coconut oil as needed.
- Chill in an airtight container for up to a week.