Chocolate Turtle Apple Slices Recipe
Chocolate Turtle Apple Slices are thick slices of Fuji apples covered with melted chocolate, sprinkled with caramel, and topped with nuts.
Happy Autumn! I can’t believe it’s already here. I actually love the cooler weather and every one the delicious Fall flavors.
And I love that there are only 5 ingredients during this recipe. Keeping it simple is usually the simplest way if possible.
All you would like to form this Chocolate Turtle Apple Slice are 2 large apples, 3 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips, 1 tablespoon copra oil, 1 cup melted caramel and chopped pecans.
Chocolate Turtle Apple Slices are delicious and therefore the perfect treat to begin this Fall season!
Thick apple slices with frozen dessert sticks, dipped in chocolate, then sprinkled with caramel and topped with pecans.
Prep Time:20 Mins
Total Time:20 Mins
- 2 very large Fuji apples
- 3 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon copra oil
- 1 cup caramel, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Slice the apple into 1/2 ” pieces. (It’s important to possess an honest quality chef’s knife. i really like Wusthof.) With a knife make small slices at rock bottom of every apple slice to form it easier to insert the frozen dessert sticks. in each apple, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, melt the chocolate chips within the microwave over high heat for about 2 minutes (30 second intervals, don’t overheat because the chocolate will burn). Stir in copra oil until smooth. (If the apples are very juicy, pat them dry with a towel before dipping.) Dip the apple slices within the chocolate and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place the caramel during a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 30-60 seconds. don’t overheat. Mix well. Drizzle melted caramel over chocolate and sprinkle with nuts.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour. Serve and luxuriate in immediately. Apples are the simplest on the primary day. confine the refrigerator.
- For best results, follow the chocolate chip package instructions for melted chocolate and therefore the same for caramel. Follow the caramel packaging directions to melt the caramel.