Classic Chocolate Cupcake Recipe From Scratch
Today I’m sharing the BEST Chocolate Cupcake recipe with you from scratch!
We’re talking ultra moist, fluffy, and perfectly chocolatey cupcakes! Mmmmm. Make these once, and your going to want to come back to this recipe again and again.
Don’t let the title of this post fool you, this amazing chocolate cupcake recipe can be used for chocolate layer cakes too!
These decadent scratch chocolate cupcakes are so moist and taste fantastic with all sorts of frostings from vanilla buttercream to mint chocolate chip, coconut, or chocolate!
• 1 cup (2 sticks) (226g) unsalted butter, softened
• 2 cups (400g) sugar
• 4 large eggs
• 1/4 cup (54g) vegetable oil
• 2 3/4 cups (322g) all purpose flour
• 1 cup (82g) unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted (don’t skip the sifting)
• 2 teaspoons (10g) baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon (2g) baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon (2g) salt
• 1 cup (220g) milk
• 1 teaspoon (4g) vanilla extract
• 1 cup (220g) hot coffee, it can be instant or brewed (coffee does need to be hot)
• cupcake liners
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. (If making a cake rather than cupcakes, grease and flour three 8 inch cake pans). In a separate bowl, add the flour, sifted cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Whisk to blend and set aside.
2. In the bowl of your mixer, beat the softened butter on medium speed until light and creamy. Add the oil and vanilla. Gradually add the sugar and mix until light and fluffy, approximately 4 to 5 minutes. Add the eggs 1 at a time, mixing after each egg just until the yellow disappears. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
Full Recipe:Click Here