Courgette Chocolate Brownies Cake
|Courgette Chocolate Brownies Cake|
Grated paws give this cake a beautiful moist texture – a great way to spend glut from your garden.
- 350g of self-sufficient flour
- 50g of cocoa powder
- 1 tsp mixed seasoning
- 175 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 375g of gold caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Grated 500ml
- 140g roasted hazelnuts, cut roughly
- 200g of dark chocolate, chopped
- 100ml of double cream
- Preheat the oven to the 180C / 160C fan 4. In a large bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, mixed seasoning and 1 teaspoon salt. In another bowl, mix olive oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla essence and grated. Mix dry and wet mixture until well blended, then fold in toasted hazelnuts. Cover a 24cm cookie tin with heat-resistant paper, then pour it into your mixture. Bake for about 40-50 minutes, or until the blade inserted in the center comes out clean. Chill in a tin for 10 minutes, then turn to a wire rack and allow it to cool.
- To make the icing, put the chocolate in a bowl and boil the cream in the pan. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and stir until it’s completely smooth and melted. Let the icing cool slightly and thicken, then spread it on top of the cake so that it is covered and the icing begins to drip onto the sides. Serve with a cup of tea or enjoy pud with a spoonful of something creamy.