Creamy Chicken Pesto Pasta Recipe
Learn how to form a Creamy Chicken Pesto Pasta dish in under half-hour with this easy recipe. Creamy, cheese and filled with flavor, this dish will soon become a replacement favorite.
Dinner time are often stressful when time is restricted, which is why I always have recipes like this in my back pocket. It’s super easy to form and therefore the fluffy pesto sauce is just delicious!
This pesto chicken paste was made accidentally. I even have tons of nut-free pesto leftovers from recipe testing and do not want to waste it. My husband orders pesto in pasta all the time at Italian restaurants, so i assumed i might combine a number of his favorite things into one dish and it had been magical.
The whole family raved about it, plus it only took half-hour to form it! that is the best quite win.
With chicken, pasta, and delicate pesto sauce, it is a pretty heavy meal. i really like serving it with an easy garden salad on the side. If I feed more people, i will be able to prepare bread too.
Another option is to feature some vegetables to the pesto paste. Fresh spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, pumpkin, mushrooms or cherry tomatoes will all end up great during this dish.
Chicken Pesto Pasta has soft pasta and chicken covered in thick and creamy pesto sauce. It’s a simple and flavorful meal that’s ready in half-hour.
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 20 Mins
Total Time: 30 Mins
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ cup fresh pesto basil or more, consistent with taste
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1 cup freshly grated mozzarella
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 pound penne paste about 2 1/2 cups dry (half of a pound box)
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- Fresh basil for garnish, if desired
- 1 pound boneless skinless pigeon breast, dig bite-sized pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup half and half or all milk / cream
- Boil the pasta until hard consistent with package directions. Drain and put aside.
- Heat an outsized skillet over medium heat and add the chopped garlic, Italian spices and diced pigeon breast. Season with salt and pepper, cook until the chicken is not any longer pink, stirring several times until all sides are brown. Transfer the chicken to a plate and discard any liquid within the pan.
- Return the skillet to medium heat and melt the butter. hammer in flour and cook until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Beat half & half chicken broth and convey to a boil. If it starts boiling too quickly, reduce the warmth a touch. Simmer for about 5 minutes or until the sauce is reduced and thickens.
- Everything you would like to survive and thrive!
- Make sure you and your family have everything you would like to stay you cheerful and healthy.
- Remove from heat and stir within the pesto and cheese. Add the pasta and chicken, stir until coat. Garnish with fresh chopped basil and fresh black pepper.