Creamy Coconut Lentil Curry Instant Pot
|Creamy Coconut Lentil Curry Instant Pot|
This easy-to-make Curry Coconut Creamy Lentil is a healthy vegan recipe that makes a perfect meatless Monday dinner recipe. It takes less than an hour (most of the time off hands) to make and be packed with delicious Indian flavors. Make it extra and you will have a giant smile on your face at lunch the next day.
Prep Time: 5 Mins
Cook Time: 50 Mins
- 1 head of garlic, chopped (10-12 cloves)
- 1 28 ounces of crushed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt
- 1 cup of dried chocolate lentils
- Some handfuls of cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup of chopped coriander
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon each: cumin seeds and coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons of ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric
- 1-2 teaspoons of chili powder, optional
- 3 cups of water
- 1 15 ounce can of coconut milk
- Heat coconut oil in a large saucepan or pan over medium-high heat. Add cumin and coriander, then bake until brown, about 45 seconds. Add the garlic to the pan and let it brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add canned mashed tomatoes, ginger, turmeric and sea salt to the pan and cook, stirring the pan several times, for 5 minutes. Add the lentils and, if using, chili powder, and water to the pan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan, and simmer for 35-40 minutes, or until the lentils are soft. Stir the pan several times to prevent the lentils from sticking to the bottom. If the curry starts to look dry, add ½ extra glass of water.
- After the soft lentils and thick curry, add coconut milk and cherry tomatoes and bring the pan back to low heat. Remove the pan from the heat and stir the coriander.