Dark Chocolate Covered Coconut Bars
Starting Friday off the best way I know how to, with Dark Chocolate Covered Coconut Bars.
If there was ever a homemade chocolate bar to love, it has to be these coconut bars. Oh my gosh, they are healthy…ish and to die for. Dark chocolate, toasted coconut, peanut butter…might just be one of the best combos…ever.
Best part? Just SIX ingredients. Yes, just six. Unbelievable, right?
I know we all say this often, but sometimes it truly is the simplest things that are the best, and that’s the case with these bars.
Here’s the deal, I’ve been dreaming up these coconut bars for weeks now. I first thought of them while hiking a couple of weeks ago, but I shoved the idea out of my head because they seemed a little too simple. I mean, chocolate covered coconut? Did you guys really want to hear about that?
Keyword: Chocolate Bar, Maple
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
Servings: 16 Bars
Calories: 350 Kcal
Made using real, whole food ingredients, and used zero processed sugar, no butter, and the darkest of the darkest of chocolate. The combo of maple and coconut keeps the bars perfectly sweet and the peanut butter adds just a hint of nutty flavor (along with protein).
• 3/4 cup real maple syrup
• 1 (5 ounce) can coconut cream
• 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 4 cups unsweetened lightly toasted coconut flakes
• 12 ounces dark chocolate
• cocoa nibs, coconut, roasted nuts, dried fruits, for topping (optional)
1. 1.Line an 8×8 inch square baking dish with parchment paper.
2. In a medium pot, combine the maple and coconut cream and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil 8-10 minutes or until thickened to a caramel like sauce. Remove from the heat and stir in 2 tablespoons peanut butter and the vanilla. Stir in the coconut. Press the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Transfer to the freezer and freeze until firm, 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Full Recipe:Click Here