Delicious Sweet Potato Bars
These Sweet Potato Bars taste like a cross between pumpkin pie and a loaf, except there’s no added sugar! Keep a batch of these bars on hand for a quick, easy and healthy snack or treat! Gluten-free, paleo & no added-sugar
Prep Time: 15 Mins
Cook Time: 40 Mins
Total Time: 55 Mins
• 1 cup mashed sweet potato (about 1 large sweet potato)
• ¼ cup dates, soaked for at least 2 hours in boiling water, and drained
• 1 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
• 1 egg
• 1 tbsp vanilla extract
• ½ cup almond flour
• ⅛ cup coconut flour
• ½ tsp. cinnamon
• ¾ tsp. baking powder
• Nut butter (i.e. peanut butter or almond butter)
• Chopped nuts (i.e. walnuts or pecans)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix all of the wet ingredients together in a medium sized bowl. Mash the softened dates into the sweet potato mixture until evenly distributed and mostly smooth.
3. Mix dry ingredients together in a small bowl, making sure to break up any lumps.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
5. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
6. Place the sweet potato mixture into the greased loaf pan and smooth the top with spatula until mixture is evenly distributed.
7. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
8. Allow to cool for several minutes before cutting. Serve with desired toppings.