Frozen Sangria Strawberry Drink
|Frozen Sangria Strawberry Drink|
This frozen sangria recipe is quick and easy to make, can be mixed immediately before serving, and it’s very refreshing and delicious.
So, sure enough I woke up sniffing, sneezing, coughing, aching, all I wanted to do was take a cool summer break this week, and I wasn’t very happy about it. Because if you ask me, those words, summer and winter.
The idea for sangria actually came about by chance, when I realized that I had more frozen fruit in the freezer. I would throw the bag in a jug of wine to let them soak for a few hours to make sangria, when it suddenly occurred to me that I could try and mix frozen sangria.
- 1 2/3 glass of dry red wine
- 1/3 cup of Cointreau (or orange alcoholic drinks, or brandy)
- 1-2 tablespoons sweeteners (I use honey)
- ice, if necessary thicken
- 1 pound (16 ounces) of frozen berries
- 1 orange, peeled
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- Add all ingredients to the blender, and pulse until smooth. Add one or two ice, if necessary, to thicken. Taste, and add extra sweeteners if needed.
- Serve immediately.