Garlic Roasted Broccoli
Do you have 20 minutes tonight? Do you have access to broccoli? Then you need to make this recipe! This just shot up to the top of my list for favorite side dish. There were no leftovers at our table. It is simply delicious.
I’m a big fan of roasting veggies, especially in the fall. The combination of heat and proper surface area on the pan can turn any vegetable into a savory side dish in no time. At a high heat, the sugars in the vegetable caramelize. When spread out over the pan in an even layer, the broccoli is able to brown properly. This combination makes for a warm, tasty crowd-pleaser. I mean, garlic always helps too.
The measurements for this recipe are really more of a guideline. You can add more or less olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt or pepper. Occasionally I also like to add some red pepper flakes about halfway through the roasting process for more heat.
· 2 heads of broccoli, cut into florets
· 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
· 5 cloves of garlic, minced
· 1 tsp salt
· 1/2 tsp pepper
· 1 tsp lemon juice
· Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, toss the broccoli with melted coconut oil, salt, black pepper and garlic. Spread the broccoli in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
Full Recipe:Click Here