Greek Hash Potatoes Vegan
|Greek Hash Potatoes Vegan|
The Greek Potato Hash Recipe
Prep Time:10 Mins
Cook Time:25 Mins
Total Time: 35 Mins
Greek Potato Hash – A quick and simple dish to serve as a main course or as a side.
- 5.5 oz (150g) of crushed feta cheese
- 17.5 ounce (500g) potatoes washed and cut into good sizes (new potatoes / 2 cloves of garlic peeled and crushed / grated
- piper maris / red skin potatoes are all good choices)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 red onion peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- seasoning of 1 lemon
- a small hand of coarsely chopped flat parsley
- Place your potatoes in a medium skillet, cover with cold water and bring to a boil. Boil for 10-13 minutes until the potatoes are soft and tender but not mushy. PRO TIP You can test this by pushing a table knife into the potato; it should slide easily without the potato being crushed.
- Drain the potatoes using a colander. Leave it in the filter for one minute to release steam, so that excess water vapor evaporates.
- Take a large skillet / pan. Heat the olive oil until hot and add the potatoes carefully (the oil can spit out a little. Crush the potatoes slightly using the back of a fork. Fry the potatoes for about 6-8 minutes, turning every few minutes until you get a nice brown skin.
- Add onions, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper, then cook for 3-4 minutes. Stir everything every minute or so so it doesn’t get sticky.
- Turn off the heat and crush feta on it. Sprinkle with lemon peel and parsley and serve.