Hot Chocolate Breakfast Smoothie
|Hot Chocolate Breakfast Smoothie|
Stay warm this winter with a thick hot chocolate breakfast smoothie! Made with healthy ingredients and loaded with vegetable protein and fiber, this vegan smoothie makes for a healthy and comfortable breakfast or snack. One day I found an article that made my heart that likes chocolate feel warm and unclear.
Basically it is said that eating chocolate for breakfast is amazing not a terrible idea, stating that it can really help prevent junk food later on because you satisfy your sweet tooth immediately rather than spend all day thinking about it and letting the cravings crave to the point where where you want to eat all the candy that looks.
Prep Time:5 Mins
Cook Time: 5 Mins
Total Time: 10 Mins
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (40 g) rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cup (300 ml) unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 Tbsp (16 g) nut butter OR dairy-free chocolate chips*
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup**
- 2 Tbsp (10 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- The night before, add all ingredients (except chocolate chips, if using) to the bowl of your blender and give it a stir to ensure that everything is well combined. Cover and place in fridge for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight. This step isn’t absolutely necessary, but allowing the oats to soak for a few hours will make them easier to blend and give you a smoother, creamier smoothie.
- When ready to eat, blend on high until oats are fully broken down and a smooth and creamy consistency is reached.
- Transfer the smoothie to a small saucepan set over medium heat (adding chocolate chips, if using) and bring to a simmer or boil, depending on how hot you want it. If the smoothie is too thick, add an extra splash of almond milk until desired consistency is reached.
- When your smoothie reaches your preferred temperature, transfer it to a heat-safe glass, garnish with toppings of choice, and enjoy.