Keto Chicken Coconut Curry with Broccoli Rice Recipe
|Keto Chicken Coconut Curry with Broccoli Rice Recipe|
This simple creamy chicken curry is ready in 45 minutes and will be the winner of dinner with the whole family. In addition, keto-friendly and gluten free.
- 2 long red chilies, finely chopped, plus extra slices to serve
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 500g of broccoli, chopped
- Lime juice, to taste
- 2 teaspoons of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of coriander
- 2 tablespoons of macadamia oil
- 600g chicken thigh fillets, cut 3 cm
- 1 chocolate onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Fish sauce, to taste
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 400ml cans of coconut cream
- Heat half the oil in a large saucepan or pan over high heat. Add half the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Add the remaining oil and onions to the pan. Cook while stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, ginger, chili, turmeric, mustard seeds, cumin and coriander. Cook, stir, for 2 minutes or until aromatic. Add coconut cream and chicken. Bring to a boil. Partially cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
- Meanwhile, process broccoli, in batches if necessary, in a food processor until finely chopped and resemble rice. Transfer the broccoli to a large, microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 2-3 minutes or until soft.
- Remove curry from heat and season with lime juice and fish sauce, to taste. Sprinkle with extra spinach and chili and serve with broccoli rice.