Low Carb Cabbage Chicken Taco Soup
|Low Carb Cabbage Chicken Taco Soup|
This low-carb cabbage chicken taco soup is mild, healthy, and perfect if you are on a weight-loss journey. This is also a keto friendly recipe. Just add corn, kidney beans, and add nachos to make it healthier.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
This low-carb cabbage chicken taco soup is mild, healthy, and perfect if you are on a weight-loss journey. Just add corn, kidney beans, and add nachos to the top to enhance it.
- 1/2 cup Fresh Coriander leave for garnishing
- 1 Medium red bell pepper Chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp Minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Roasted Cumin powder
- 1 Medium onion Chopped
- 300 grams boneless skinless chicken breast Cut in to small chunks
- 1/4 cup celery Chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock or Water
- 2 cups (heaping) cabbage Shredded
- 1 cup plum tomato Blanched and chopped / Canned
- 1/2 tbsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp chipotle chilli powder
- 2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Red chili flakes (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Lemon Wedges
- Heat oil in a pot. Add minced garlic. Saute till it starts to brown.
- Add chopped onion. Fry till it is soft and translucent.
- Add chopped celery, followed by chicken chunks. Fry for one minute.
- Add shredded cabbage. Cook for 2 minutes. The cabbage will start to soften.
- Add chopped red bell pepper. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add Tomatoes. Mix everything well.
- Add all the spices. Mix everything well. Cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add Stock. Adjust seasoning. Bring the soup to a boil(cover the pan with a lid if desired)
- Switch off the flame. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves, lemon wedges and top it with cheese while serving.