Low Syn Moroccan Chicken Casserole
|Low Syn Moroccan Chicken Casserole|
This Moroccan Chicken Casserole is a family favorite and is packed with flavor. All cooked in one pan, don’t just like the food you like.
For casseroles, I prefer using chicken thighs because I find the meat is really moist and absorbs more flavor, than chicken breast.
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 1 Hour 40 Mins
Total Time: 1 Hour 50 Mins
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 courgette (zucchini), halved and sliced
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 300ml / 1.25 cups of chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- fresh coriander for decoration
- 8 boneless chicken legs (all visible fat removed)
- 1 onion, halved and finely sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger
- 2 carrots, sliced
- orange juice (1 syn)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (3 syns)
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- ¼ teaspoon of cloves
- Spray oil
- Preheat the oven to 180c 350f
- Spray the pan with spray oil over medium heat, add chicken, onions, garlic and ginger and fry until browned.
- Add all the spices and stir it evenly.
- Transfer to an oven-resistant plate with a lid. Add vegetables, honey, juice and one orange peel and chicken broth and bake in the oven for about 1-1½ hours. Chicken must be cooked until cooked but still soft.
- Season with salt and black pepper and garnish with fresh coriander.
- Serve with Roasted Butternut Pumpkin Rice or Roasted Butternut Rice and Green Beans or a side of your choice.