Marinated Cucumber Tomato Salad
|Marinated Cucumber Tomato Salad|
Cucumber tomato salad has fresh vegetables and a sharp apple cider dressing. Make this recipe for easy side dishes that fit any food. This marinated vegetable salad is delicious at any time of the year, but this is the best as a refreshing side salad on a hot summer day.
Cucumber tomato salad has fresh vegetables in a sharp apple cider seasoning. Make this recipe today for a tasty snack or easy side dish.
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, optional
- 1 glass of water
- 1/2 cup of apple cider or red wine vinegar
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped (or 2-3 cups of tomatoes you like)
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2-3 cucumbers, any type will work (I usually use 2 large hot houses or English cucumbers), thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shallots, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- Place cucumbers and shallots in a bowl. Shake water, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, and oil until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour cucumbers and onions and let stand in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours (and up to 6).
- Pour everything except a few tablespoons of liquid. Add tomatoes and seasonings and stir until smooth.