Meal Prep Chicken Brown Rice and Broccoli
|Meal Prep Chicken Brown Rice and Broccoli|
Steamed chicken, rice and steamed broccoli, all made in less than 20 minutes for a healthy food preparation lunch box that you can enjoy all week long.
Today we are cooking one of the easiest and simplest chicken food preparation recipes that you can make. Chicken, rice and broccoli are all cooked in less than 20 minutes. It’s delicious is fast, healthy, and has been an amazing lunch all week. If you like us, we actually like to store it in the fridge and eat it for lunch or dinner not only at work but also at home.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2-3 cups of broccoli florets
- water for steaming
- 4 small chicken breasts without thighs without skin or thighs about 4 ounces each
- 1 teaspoon of chocolate or sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For Cooking Rice: Boil water in a medium saucepan. Stir this rice; Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes until all the water is absorbed.
- For cooking chicken: Rub the chicken with brown sugar, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Heat 1-2 tablespoons of oil in a large heavy duty skillet or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes on the first side without moving, until the bottom creates a dark grill. Turn the chicken breast using tongs or forks and cook the other side for 5-6 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the chicken breasts rest in the pan for at least 5 minutes before cutting.
- To steam broccoli: There are two ways to cook broccoli. To boil broccoli on the stove. Boil water in a large saucepan. Add the broccoli florets to the pan and blanch for just 1 minute. Remove from the pot. To steam in a microwave: Place broccoli in a microwave safe bowl and add 3 tablespoons of water to the bowl. Cover with ceramic plates or plastic wrap. Microwave at high temperature for 3 minutes.
- To assemble: Cut the chicken into slices or small pieces about the size of a bite. Use 1 glass measuring cup to scoop 1 cup of rice evenly into each (total of 4) Add rice with sliced chicken and broccoli florets. Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days. Preheat the microwave to a high temperature for 2 minutes or until steaming.