Milky Way Cake Recipe
Milky Way Cake is extremely popular in our house, made with melted Milky Way candy sticks and topped with chocolate marshmallow ganache.
This Milky Way Cake recipe is totally different from anything I even have tried before and it ended up being great! to form the cookie dough, you’re actually using 8 sticks of melted Milky Way candy! The chocolate / caramel flavor comes out very strong on the cake and is extremely good. Frosting is a superb chocolate and marshmallow ganache that goes great with the cake – confirm to possess an outsized glass of milk nearby as it is so rich.
Prep Time: 15 Mins
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Total Time: 1 Hour 15 Mins
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 sticks of Milky Way candy
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup marshmallow cream
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup milk
- Melt the candy bars and 1/2 cup butter during a saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. After completely melted, remove and put aside.
- In a large bowl, use an electrical mixer to form the sugar cream and 1/2 cup softened butter until soft and creamy. Add eggs, mix well.
- Add salt and bicarbonate of soda to the buttermilk, then increase the butter/ sugar mixture. Add flour and stir until well blended. Add the melted candy and
vanilla sticks, then pour into a well greased baking sheet and bake for 65 minutes at 350.
- Make sure the middle is completed then cool the cake completely before turning it onto a serving plate.
- To make frosting, combine the sugar and milk during a saucepan over medium heat. Cook until the ball is soft (234-240 degrees) then remove. Add chocolate chip and stir until melted. Puree with marshmallow cream. Spread the cake.
- Top with additional Milky Way chunks if desired.