Mini Apple Spiced Rum Cakes Recipe
|Mini Apple Spiced Rum Cakes Recipe|
The Apple Mini Spiced Rum Cakes are absolutely perfect! This twist on pound cake is made with fallen spices such as cloves, ginger and allspice, and mashed with the addition of seasoned rum and crispy apples. Serve with homemade marinated rum caramel sauce and topping with vanilla bean ice cream for the most decadent autumn dessert.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 27 Minutes
Total Time: 42 Minutes
Apple Seasoned Rum Cake
- 2 ounces of seasoned rum
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour without bleaching
- 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 grandma’s apple, seeded, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon of cloves
- 5 tablespoons of unsalted butter, thaw
- ¼ teaspoon of allspice
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt
Caramel Rum Is Seasoned
- 1½ ounces. Seasoned rum
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
Make Apple Spiced Rum Cakes
- Preheat the oven to 325 °. Brush the mini bundle pan and set aside.
- Melt the butter. Mix with sugar and vanilla.
- Mix eggs, one at a time.
- Add flour, baking soda, and spices to the bowl.
- Gently fold rum, greek yogurt, and apples.
- Pour the mixture into a mini bundle pan, about 2/3 of the full path so that each point is even.
- Bake for 27 minutes or until the toothpicks come out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 3-5 minutes. Then carefully place the pan on the wire cooler rack. Leave it upside down for 5-10 minutes. At that time, the cake will fall when you lift the pan. If not, give a little pan and they will fall to the rack.
Make Seasoned Rum Caramel
- When the cake is cold, measure the ingredients for caramel.
- Add sugar to a small saucepan and change heat to medium.
- Using a silicone spatula, stir the sugar constantly. Clots will begin to form and then the sugar will begin to melt into clear and clear liquid. You will see sugar pulling from the pan when you stir.
- Let the sugar just melt for a few minutes, then remove from the heat and add the butter. Beat until completely combined and the sugar starts to have a yellow color into it. Then add thick cream and whisk completely.
- Reheat and let the caramel bubble and smooth for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat again, add seasoned rum and mix. Let the caramel sit and chill for 30 minutes or until it thickens and hardens again.
Serve Apple Spiced Rum Cakes
- If the cake has cooled, reheat it for 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Drizzle some caramel on the cake. Then top with vanilla ice cream. Then drizzle more caramel on it.