Mini Lemon Meringue Cupcakes Recipe
|Mini Lemon Meringue Cupcakes Recipe|
Combining all the delights of a meringue lemon pie with a soft sponge cupcake, this beautiful woman makes a luxurious and indulgent afternoon treat.
- 200ml of double cream
- 25 g of icing sugar, sifted
- 1 lime, grated and juice
- ½ teaspoon of Sicilian lemon extract
- 150g lemon curd
- 12 mini meringues
- 100g unsalted butter
- 100g of caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100g of flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven for 4, 180 ° C, 160 ° C fans. Cover muffin cans with 12 mini silicone cupcake boxes.
- In a mixing bowl, shake the butter and sugar together until light and smooth. Add eggs one at a time, shake well. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt. Add lemon rind, juice, and extract; fold to combine.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into a cupcake container. Bake for 16-18 minutes, until rising and springing when pressed. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack until it is completely cold.
- To make the icing, stir the cream until soft in a bowl before joining the icing sugar. To serve, spoon one teaspoon piled into each cupcake, then add a little lemon curd and mini meringue to finish.