Mini Pumpkin & Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
What is it about pumpkin and cinnamon baked goods that feels like a big, warm hug? So sweet and comforting, I just love these flavours!
And when they’re in cute mini donut form? Even better.
I was inspired to create this recipe after being contacted by (another) Aimee from Twigg Studios about a virtual pumpkin party, hosted by herself and Sara from Cake Over Steak. How could I resist joining in?
At first, I made some chocolate chip pumpkin muffins which are so good (and don’t worry, I will share the recipe for those too) but as I had some leftover pumpkin, I decided to experiment with these donuts and I’m so glad I did. One of my favourite bakes yet.
They are baked, not fried, making them slightly healthier but also super easy to make.
I then dipped them in some vegan butter (or oil) and dusted them with cinnamon sugar, made from coconut sugar and ground cinnamon. You can also use brown sugar, which works equally well.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
These mini donuts are baked, not fried and are so easy to make!
• 200 g / 1 cup + 2 tbsp plain flour(or white spelt flour)
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1 tsp mixed spice or pumpkin pie spice mix
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1/4 tsp bicarbonate soda
• A pinch of salt
• 55 g / 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
• 2 tbsp vegetable oil
• 100 ml / 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp dairy-free milk
• 80 ml / 1/3 cup maple syrup
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
For The Glaze & Cinnamon Sugar
• 4 tbsp dairy-free butter
• Approx 1/2 cup coconut sugar(you can use brown sugar instead, if you prefer)
• 2 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 180C / 350F and grease a mini donut tin with some oil.
2. Stir all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. In a separate, smaller bowl or jug, combine all the wet ingredients.
4. Stir the wet into the dry and mix until smooth.
Full Recipe:Click Here