Mini Scotch Eggs Recipe
|Mini Scotch Eggs Recipe|
Scotch eggs are a staple food for summer picnics, they are practical food in the truest sense. Everything is packed into one, no mess. This mini version is made with quail eggs and is perfect for picnics and parties.
The recipe for this mini Scotch egg from my own recipe book, A Wee Taste Of Scotland, is packed with fun Scottish party food recipes. These mini Scotch eggs are very easy to make and are the perfect party picnic or fodder.
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 5 Mins
Total Time: 15 Mins
- 4 thick sausages with skin removed
- 100 g / 3 1 / 2oz breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- The oil for frying
- 12 quail eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Boil quail eggs for 2 minutes, put in cold water to stop cooking and peel
- Mix thyme and seasoning with sausage meat and divide into 12 portions
- Roll out and roll the eggs
- In a bowl, mix parmesan and breadcrumbs
- Roll the ball in crumb mixture
- Heat the oil in a high-side skillet to 350F / 180C and fry the Scotch eggs in batches for about 2 minutes until golden.