Miso Ramen with Roasted Vegetables
In this relaxing vegan ramen recipe, miso is an enriching soup crammed with roasted sweet potatoes, shiitake mushrooms, and fresh ramen noodles. Follow up with our easy vegan cupcake recipe. For other vegetarian dishes, we highly recommend our sweet potato noodle recipe.
- 1 (2 inches) fresh ginger root, peeled and chopped
- 1 ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 1/2 pounds of fresh ramen noodles
- 2 sweet potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and dig small cubes
- 1 head of garlic
- 1/4 cup white or yellow miso
- About 4 spring onions, white and pale green, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 large leek, finely chopped and roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 pound of fresh shiitake mushrooms, brushed clean and sliced
- Low-sodium soy or tamari, as a seasoning
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, warm 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the yellow onions, sprinkle with salt, and roast, without stirring, until browned, about 5 minutes. Add the scallion, garlic, ginger, dried mushrooms, and 6 cups of water and clean the pan, stirring and scrape the brown part from rock bottom. Reduce heat to medium-low, partially cover the pan and simmer until fragrant, about 1 hour. Sieve the broth through a fine sieve into a bowl and take away the solids.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 ° F. Add sweet potato to pan and drizzle with a touch oil; throw and spread it into a good layer. stop the highest of the garlic head and discard. Sprinkle the chopped garlic heads with a touch oil and wrap in foil. increase sheet pan. Bake, stirring the potatoes occasionally, until tender and browning, and therefore the garlic is extremely tender. Remove from oven.
- Squeeze the garlic into a blender and add 1/3 cup roasted sweet potato to 1/2 cup stock. Blend until smooth and increase the broth.
- During a saucepan over medium heat, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring until tender. Add stock and season with soy. bring back a boil, then reduce heat, partially cover, and convey to a boil until completely warm. Shake the miso.
- Divide the noodles evenly between the individual bowls. Spoon the broth over the noodles, divide evenly, then sprinkle with roasted sweet potato. Sprinkle with chives and serve.