Mummy Puff Mini Pizza Pies
|Mummy Puff Mini Pizza Pies Recipe|
I have shared some sweet treats for Halloween recently. This pizza puff pastry puff is a fun project to be made with children, and will be suitable for Halloween parties or even packaged in lunch boxes.
Mummy Puff Mini Pizza Pies Recipe
- Edible markers or food coloring
- 375g of pastry puff ready to roll
- 2 tablespoons of tomato puree
- 1 leek
- 25g mini pepperoni slices
- 1/4 of paprika
- 75 g of cheddar cheese + extra slices for the eyes
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C (Gas mark 6/390 ° F). Cover several baking trays with heat / baking paper.
- Using a large circle cutter, cut a circle of cakes (I got seven from one piece of cake) and place it on your tray of lined cakes. Spread a thin layer of tomato puree on top of each circle.
- Prepare your topping – remove the seeds and chop the soft pepper, wash and slice the shallots, cut pepperoni if necessary, grate the cheddar cheese.
- Pile the toppings in the middle of each circle, leaving a small strip around a clear edge.
- Cut the remaining pastry into 1 cm thick pieces and hang it over the toppings randomly to make a mummy-like pattern, pushing the ends down so that they stick to the pastry circle.
- Ball up and roll out each small piece of cake to cut more strips. Don’t worry if the strips overlap with the circle – after you’ve finished adding strips to each circle, you can tidy it up by cutting off the excess with the same circle cutter you used to cut the original circle.
- Repeat until you mummy all your pizza pizzas!
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes until cooked and golden in color. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes when you make your eyes.
- To make eyes, cut a small circle from the remaining cheese slices using a mini cutter, then put a point on the ‘eye’ with an edible marker or if you don’t have it, use a small amount of food coloring with a soft brush.
- Place two eyes on each mummy pie and serve immediately, or chill completely on a wire rack then store in an airtight container ready to be put in a lunch box or alternatively reheat later.