No-Bake Chocolate Quinoa Cookies
This healthy chocolate quinoa cake is unbaked, gluten-free and vegan. Think you’ve got to sacrifice on taste, Not with this.
This is my life now. I even have almost no desire to line foot near my oven. Partly due to that million degrees and hearty dessert? Meh. And partly because my
little oven, in my tiny apartment, heats up the entire room in seconds and when I’m done making a bunch of cookies, Messy sweat.
One of the items i actually love about these cookies is that you simply keep them within the freezer. Because it isn’t baked (duh), it doesn’t last as long at temperature, so keeping it within the freezer not only helps keep its shape, but also its excellent texture.
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Total Time: 10 Mins
- 1/3 cup unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup almond butter or selected nut / seed butter
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- Coarse sea salt for optional sprinkling
- 1/4 cup copra oil
- 1/4 cup pure syrup
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and put aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium, melt the copra oil, syrup and chocolate. Beat until combined. Add almond butter and stir again until smooth.
- Remove the pan from the warmth and add the quinoa, quinoa flakes and coconut flakes.
- Using a trowel, place the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, shaping slightly together with your hands if desired. Sprinkle with sea salt and place within the freezer for about half-hour.
- Store them in an airtight container within the freezer for best results, but they will even be refrigerated (only such a lot softer).