One-Bowl Applesauce Walnut Cake Snack Recipe
|One-Bowl Applesauce Walnut Cake Snack Recipe|
Fancy cakes, stirring with frozen garnishes, interspersed with roses and ombre, are always a treat for the eyes and stomach, but if you have limited time, or you have no energy, easy snack cake recipes are in place.
This one bowl apple cake can be made with or without an electric mixer and the pure and simple ingredients in this apple sauce cake are probably what you already have. This Walnut Apple Sauce snack is nirvana.
This recipe was adapted from my grandmother’s apple sauce cake. Lightly seasoned, moist, fragrant, and studded with crispy toasted walnuts and sweet spots of golden raisins. And that’s easy. Very easy.
This one-cup apple cake is as easy as a cake mix, but with far better results. Of course, nothing is artificial. Without preservatives and if you feel comfortable measuring and stirring, you will succeed here. My grandmother usually has an apple bowl when we come to visit and we like it because it’s soft and creamy, lightly seasoned and doesn’t need a fork and a plate to eat. Only your hands and mouth are all you need for this family snack cake recipe.
Easy one-bowl snack cake recipe with mild seasoning. Speckled with crispy toasted walnuts and raisins it is a homestyle classic.
- 1 glass of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 large beaten egg lightly
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg (fresh grated if you have it)
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup of toasted and chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of cloves
- 1 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 °. Spray a 9×9 “square pan with vegetable spray and cover it with rectangular parchment paper pieces to fit the dimensions of the bottom of the pan with a few inches on both sides to hang on the edges. Spray the parchment paper with vegetable spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and cloves, stirring until smooth. Make a well in dry ingredients and add applesauce, vegetable oil, and eggs. Stir until evenly mixed. Stir the walnuts and raisins and spread them into a prepared frying pan.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes or until the toothpicks come out clean. Chill in the pan for 15 minutes then carefully remove the cake with the side of the parchment paper and transfer it to a wire rack to cool to room temperature.
- You can freeze it with your favorite cream cheese or butter frosting or just dust it with powdered sugar.