Orzo with Butternut Squash Spinach
and Blue Cheese
|Orzo with Butternut Squash Spinach and Blue Cheese|
Orzo with Butternut Squash and Spinach – thick orzo, leftover butternut pumpkin and baby spinach turn into a fast, healthy meal.
You can make Orzo with Butternut Squash and Spinach. Cut butternut squash into cubes, mix with cooked orzo and spinach and in minutes you have delicious and healthy food.
- 3 cups of fresh shredded spinach
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 cups of butternut squash are roasted or cooked
- 1 cup of regular orzo or whole wheat
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Cut the butternut squash into 1/4 inch cubes. Put aside.
- Cook orzo in boiling salted water according to package instructions. Drain, but leave some pasta water.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet, fry the garlic in olive oil for a few seconds (until it smells nice), add spinach and 1-2 tablespoons of the water you ordered from cooking orzo. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the spinach is tender to your liking.
- Add orzo, butternut squash and season to taste with salt and pepper. Non-vegans can serve this dish with grated Parmesan cheese, feta or blue cheese.