Poached Salmon in Coconut Lime Sauce
Poached Salmon made exotic with a simple, amazing Coconut Lime Sauce!! Tastes like a Thai coconut curry sauce – but it’s quick and easy. The trick is to caramelise garlic, ginger and lemongrass with a smidge of sugar before adding the coconut milk. It’s incredible what a difference it makes!
Poached fish has a bad reputation. The mere mention of it conjures up visions of pale, overcooked, flavourless fish swimming in murky water.
It’s time for a makeover.
Enter – THIS Poached Salmon swimming in an outrageously tasty caramelised Coconut Lime Sauce with lemongrass, ginger and chilli. Poached fish never tasted so good!!
Recipe video above. Poached Salmon in a coconut lime sauce that tastes like a Thai coconut curry – except it’s super quick and easy to make! Even though the salmon is poached, it’s well worth searing lightly to brown for the extra flavour on both the salmon and in the sauce.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Keyword: Coconut Sauce for Salmon, Poached Salmon
• 4 salmon fillets , 180g/6oz each preferably skinless (Note 1)
• Salt and pepper
• 2 tbsp oil , separated
• 2 garlic cloves , finely grated
• 2 tsp ginger , finely grated
• 1 lemongrass , peeled, finely grated (Note 2)
• 1 tbsp brown sugar
• 1 tsp chilli garlic paste or other chilli paste, adjust to taste (Note 3)
• 400 g/14oz coconut milk (Note 2)
• 1 tbsp fish sauce (or soy sauce)
• 2 tsp lime zest (1 lime)
• Lime juice , to taste
• Fresh coriander/cilantro leaves , finely chopped (recommended)
• Finely sliced large red chillies (optional)
• Vermicelli noodles , soaked per packet, or rice
• Steamed Asian greens
1. Sprinkle both sides of salmon with salt and pepper.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non stick pan or well seasoned skillet over medium high heat. Add salmon, skin side up, and sear for just 1 1/2 minutes until golden. Turn salmon and cook the other side just for 1 minute, then remove onto a plate (should still be raw inside).
Full Recipe:Click Here