Pumpkin Caramel Cream Cheese Poke Cake
The ultimate fall dessert! This pumpkin poke cake is drizzled with caramel sauce, frosted with a fluffy cream cheese frosting and topped with even more caramel sauce! You’ll love every single morsel of this uber moist, delicious pumpkin cake!
These past few days were the quintessential family fall weekend! We traveled down to Charlottesville, VA to see a college football game (UVA played our favorite BSU Broncos. Broncos won big!) The leaves are just begining to turn color and the weather was cool and rainy which was the perfect setting for the first weekend of fall. To usher in my favorite season of the year, I made a delicious pot roast, mashed potatoes, and this incredible Pumpkin Poke Cake!
The ultimate fall dessert! A pumpkin spice cake is drizzled with caramel sauce, frosted with a decadent cream cheese frosting and topped with even more caramel sauce! You’ll love every single morsel of this uber moist, delicious cake!
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 50 min
• 1 box, spice cake mix
• 1 c. canned, pumpkin puree
• 1 c. water
• 3 eggs
• 1/2 c. vegetable oil
• 3/4 c. caramel ice cream topping, divided
• 1 (8 oz.) pkg, cream cheese, room temperature
• 2 Tbsp. milk
• 1 c. powdered sugar
• 1 1/2 c. whipped topping (like Cool Whip)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9×13 pan with baking spray, set aside.
2. With a hand or stand mixer, mix together the cake mix, pumpkin, water, eggs and oil stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Mix until smooth. Pour batter into the prepared pan, and bake at 350 for 30-33 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean, and crumb free.
3. As soon as the cake comes out of the oven, while it is still hot, poke holes into the cake with the end of a wooden spoon. In a microwave safe bowl, heat up a 1/2 cup of the caramel sauce for about 20-30 seconds, just to warm (making it easier to pour over the cake). Pour the warm caramel sauce over the top of the hot cake, making sure to get the majority of the sauce into the holes of the cake. Let the cake cool completely.
Full Recipe:Click Here