Quinoa Mango Black Bean Salad with Smoky Pepitas
and Chipotle Lime Vinaigrette
|Quinoa Mango Black Bean Salad with Smoky Pepitas and Chipotle Lime Vinaigrette|
Sweet and spicy gathered at this Quinoa Mango Black Bean Salad with delicious Chipotle Lime Vinaigrette and Smoky Pepitas. Make it ready and perfect for lunch, dinner, potluck, or picnic. This recipe is vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free.
This Mango Black Bean Salad is easy to make, well packaged for us, filling and very satisfying ingredients. Suitable for a variety of diets, it is vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free, which makes it easy to share.
Prep Time: 20 Mins
Cook Time: 15 Mins
Total Time: 35 Mins
- 2 C (330g) Cubed cubes, about one mango
- 2 C (90g) Baby Spinach is chopped and packaged
- 1/2 teaspoon + 1/8 teaspoon Sea Salt Good divided
- 1/4 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 4 Tbs Cilantro finely chopped
- 2 Deciduous avocados before serving
- 1 C (195g) Quinoa is rinsed with running water
- 1 3/4 C (420g) Water
- 1/2 C (70g) Pepitas
- 1/2 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 3/4 C (300g) Black Beans Cooked, rinsed, dried, about one can of 15 ounces
- 3/4 C (70g) Purple / Red onion cut into small cubes, about 1/2 onion
- 2 Tbs Lime Juice fresh squeezed, about two lime + more to serve
- 1/4 tsp Fine sea salt
- 15 Fresh stems without Cilantro leaves are removed
- 1/4 C (50g) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, gluten free if needed
- 2 tsp Adobo Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- In a small saucepan, boil quinoa and water, turn to low and simmer gently for 13-14 minutes. Remove from heat, stir, cover and leave for 5 minutes.
- Quinoa is ready when all the water is absorbed, and quinoa is soft by showing the ‘tail’. Open the lid and place it in the refrigerator while the salad is being prepared.
- Preheat the oven to 325F (163C). Stir pepitas with olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and paprika. Toast Pepitas for about 8-9 minutes. They will become a little golden and fragrant when ready. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine cold quinoa, beans, onions, mango, spinach, coriander, pepitas, and remaining 1/4 + 1/8 teaspoon salt. Put aside.
- In food processing, mix apple cider vinegar, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, lime juice, salt, cumin and cilantro. With a live processor, pour olive oil. Process until smooth. Put aside.
- If time is available, wrap the salad about one hour before service. The taste will blend when in the fridge.
- Drizzle 3/4 sauce over the salad and stir well. Taste to see if more sauce is desired and adjust it as needed. Add a few bends of fresh pepper and adjust the salt as needed.
- Right before serving, cut the avocado and gently place it in the salad. Store salads in a closed container for up to two days in the refrigerator. Longer and mangoes tend to be rather wet.