Roast Chicken And Broccoli Anti-Salad
For a healthy eating blog you might think that’s a pretty big omission.
But here’s the thing…. I’m not actually a massive salad fan. I’ve never been totally in love with absolutely loads of raw veggies on one plate and you can forget iceberg lettuce, that won’t ever be appearing on the Pantry!
However I do make a version of what I consider a ‘salad’. It’s got some of the elements you might expect: salad leaves (though no iceberg), nuts and seeds, a grain to make it filling and a dressing to bring the flavours together.
Serves: 2 People As A Main, 4 As A Starter/Small Dish
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
• 1 large head of broccoli – florets and stems roughly chopped
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 4 cloves garlic minced or grated
• good handful of chopped fresh parley
• 100g spinach leaves or salad of choice
• arils from 1/2 pomegranate
• 150g chicken leftovers, shredded
• 100g quinoa
• salt and pepper to taste
• juice from 1 lemon
• 2 tbsps balsamic vinegar
• pinch of dried chilli flakes
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
2. Place the broccoli florets and stems in a baking tray and toss them in the olive oil and minced garlic until they’re fully coated and the garlic is evenly distributed. Put the tray in the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes, until the broccoli is just starting to crisp and brown at the edges. Remove from the oven when done.
Full Recipe:Click Here