Shrimp Asparagus and Avocado Salad
This shrimp, asparagus and avocado salad is completely delicious and excellent for springtime – especially when topped with a fresh lemon vinaigrette. With only 8 ingredients, it’s super easy to form, looks stunning, and it is often eaten!
The spring salads really apply, friends. Fresh produce is plentiful on the market and whenever I see an avocado it’s impossible to not take some.
Now, I admit I’m spoiled for avocado all year round in Southern California. But if avocado is more of a seasonal item where you reside, this is often what you are doing. Take some, along side spinach, asparagus, green onions, a couple of other ingredients and wild prawns. Then, prepare this shrimp, asparagus, and avocado salad! Simple, light, soft, healthy and really tasty.
Asparagus and shrimp also combine quickly because they cook quickly. And once I say they cook fast, I mean it – only 2 to three minutes on the stove. Then, just put them during a cold water bath to chill them down.
Prep Time: 15 Mins
Cook Time: 5 Mins
Total Time: 20 Mins
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 20 asparagus spears, (1 bunch)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 lemon vinaigrette recipe
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and discarded
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Bring a pot of medium water to a boil and a medium saute pan crammed with water. Add the prawns to the pan and therefore the asparagus to the sauté pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. Use skimmers or tongs to transfer the shrimp and asparagus to the drinking water bath. Drain then slice the asparagus into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Add prawns, asparagus slices, baby spinach, avocado and green onions to the salad bowl. Add the sauce, season with salt and pepper, and blend everything.