Skinny Spinach Lasagna Rolls
Skinny spinach lasagna? there’s a thick layer of sauce, noodles, ricotta, spinach, and mozzarella. This Skinny Spinach Lasagna features a thick layer of sauce, noodles, ricotta, spinach, and Mozzarella – await the appetite.
Prep Time: 25 Mins
Cook Time: 1 Hour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 6 ounces of fresh spinach
- 2 lbs. ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- squeezed juice (optional)
- 12 lasagna noodles without being boiled
- 1 24-ounce bottle of spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- Melt the butter during a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and thyme; Saute for 2-3 minutes. Add spinach; Saute until almost wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, mix the ricotta, egg, salt, nutmeg, and juice. Add spinach and stir to combine. Transfer a number of the mixture to a kitchen appliance and press a couple of times to interrupt up a number of the spinach (optional, but will provides a very nice texture).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread a touch spaghetti sauce on rock bottom of a 9 × 13 skillet. Cover with 3 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of the spinach mixture, 1/4 of ketchup, and 1/4 of cheese. Repeat and pour 1/2 cup of water over the 2 layers. Repeat another time, ending with noodles, sauce and cheese. Pour 1/2 cup of water everywhere the mixture and canopy tightly with greased aluminium foil.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes; When the liquid boils and therefore the noodles have softened, remove the foil and bake uncovered for an additional 10 minutes. Leave it for 10-15 minutes before serving in order that the lasagna noodles can absorb all the additional moisture.