Slow Cooker Bacon Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
Slow Cooker Bacon Cheeseburger Soup crammed with potatoes, hamburger, cheese and in fact bacon! this excellent soup is filled with flavor and each soup lover’s dream.
If you remember my Cheeseburger Slow Cooker Soup then you’ll like this Bacon Cheeseburger Soup recipe! Not only do I add crunchy bacon thereto, but I also substitute cheddar for pepper-jack cheese and top it off with green onions. It doesn’t make it spicy, it makes it better.
Prep Time: 20 Mins
Total Time: 20 Mins
- 1 teaspoon dry parsley
- 8 pieces of cooked chopped bacon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound lean hamburger
- 2 cups grated pepper or cheddar
- Chopped scallion
- 4 small potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 Pieris rapae or yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of milk i exploit 2%
- Place the potatoes, onions, carrots, dried basil and parsley during a large saucepan. Pour the chicken broth over the vegetables. Cover with a lid. Cook over low heat for six to eight hours OR on high heat 4 to five hours or until potatoes are tender.
- About 45 minutes before serving, cook and mash hamburger during a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain any oil. Pour the cooked hamburger into a Crock Pot. Also add the cooked chopped bacon.
- Clean the recent pan carefully with a towel, then add butter. When the butter is melted, beat the flour and cook until it’s golden brown and bubbly (about 1 minute.) Add milk, salt and pepper. Pour the mixture into a Crock Pot and stir in order that everything is combined.
- Add grated pepper jack cheese to the crockpot. Stir again. Cover with lid and cook another 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.