Slow Cooker Tex-Mex Chili
Prepare this slow-cooker dinner in the morning to come home to a hearty bowl of this spicy chili.
Total Time:7 Hours 40 Mins
· 1 28-oz can no-salt-added fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
· 1 14.5-oz can no-salt-added petite diced tomatoes
· 1 tbsp. chili powder
· 2 tsp. dried oregano
· 2 tsp. ground cumin
· 3/4 c. wheat berries
· 1 large onion, chopped
· 1 poblano pepper, cut into ¼-in. pieces
· 2 large cloves garlic, pressed
· 2 15-oz cans low-sodium beans (such as kidney or pinto), rinsed
· 1 c. frozen corn, thawed
· 2 c. shredded cooked white meat chicken
· Cilantro leaves, Cotija cheese, and lime wedges, for serving
1. In a 5- to 6-qt slow cooker, stir together tomatoes (and their juices), chili powder, oregano, cumin, 1 cup water, and ¼ tsp each salt and pepper.
2. Stir in wheat berries, onion, poblano, and garlic. Cook, covered, until wheat berries are tender but still a bit chewy, 7 to 8 hours on Low or 4 to 5 hours on High.
Full Recipe:Click Here