Prep time:5 mins
Cook time:5 mins
Total time:10 mins
Serves: 8 slices
· 1 cup garbanzo bean flour
· 1 cup filtered water
· 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (plus 2 teaspoons for the pan)
· 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional for a touch of sweetness)
· ½teaspoon fine sea salt
· ¼teaspoon onion powder (optional for added flavor)
· ¼teaspoon garlic powder (optional for added flavor)
· ¼teaspoon ground black pepper (optional for added flavor)
· ¼teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional for heat)
1. Turn your oven to broil (500 degrees F) and place the top oven rack 6 inches from the top heating element. This is the oven rack you will be using.
2. In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine chickpea flour, water, oil, maple syrup if using, salt and additional seasonings if using. Whisk until no lumps remain then set aside to rest for 25 minutes. At that point, place an empty, un-oiled 10-inch cast iron skillet in the oven for 5 minutes. Allow the chickpea flour batter to continue to sit while the skillet heats for those 5 minutes. The batter will be resting for a total of 30 minutes.
Full Recipe:Click Here